Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What is the Downed Bikers Association?
A: Downed Bikers Association is a non-profit organization created to aid those lost or confined to a hospital due to a motorcycle accident.

Q: How do I become a member?
A: You can complete a membership application at any one of our benefit poker runs, bike night booth, chapter meetings, event or  click here to download an application and mail it in . You may also call your local chapter for a list of their upcoming events.


Oklahoma City – (405) 789-5565
Western Plains Oklahoma – (580) 445-1905
Tulsa Oklahoma – (918) 814-7199
Enid Oklahoma – (580) 977-7572
Twin Rivers (Vinita) – (918) 516-8990
FootHills (Talhequah) – (918) 822-4426

Q: Why should I join Downed Bikers.
A: The Downed Bikers sole purpose is to help persons involved in motorcycle accidents. Motorcycle accidents have increased significantly due to the increase in motorcycle rider ship. As the old saying goes, “It’s not a matter of IF you will go down, it’s a matter of WHEN”. To the best of our knowledge, we are the only organization whose purpose is to aid motorcycle accident victims.

Q: Do you have to ride a Harley?
A: No, Some of our members don’t even ride a bike. Its all about helping motorcycle accident victims.

Q: Is Downed Bikers a bike club or gang?
A: No, we are an association. A motorcycle club or gang usually has a 3 piece back patch. The top rocker states the name of the club, and the bottom rocker will say what city or area they are from. The patch will usually have M.C. or M/C on it. This designates them as a Motorcycle Club. An association on the other hand, has a 1 piece back patch. The Downed Bikers Association back patch has been approved by the Confederation of Clubs in Oklahoma.

Q: Do you have to be a member to request a run?
A: No, you do not have to be a member to request or receive a benefit run. Anyone can request a benefit run so long as they meet the minimum requirements. The person involved in the accident MUST be admitted to a two day stay at a hospital. In the event there are more requests than available dates, we will prioritize based upon need, severity of accident, etc.

Q: How do I request a run?
A: Each chapter has a different way of handling their requests. Foothills Chapter requires a representative to come to the members meeting and share the story, have a complete a run request form and a copy of the police report regarding the accident . Please contact your respective chapter for specific details.

Q:   Are the Board of Directors or Committee Members paid?
A:   No, they are a dedicated group of volunteers donating their valuable time to the organization in fact everyone who assist Downed Bikers Association are all volunteers. No member, board member, committee member or nation member is paid for their time.

Q: How can we start a chapter?
A: Contact Downed Bikers National Chapter at (405) 568-9977. Leave your name and number and a good time to call. After a short initial phone interview, we will determine whether to proceed with starting a chapter in your area. The next step would be to put your request in writing to present to the National Chapter of the Downed Bikers Association. Please be warned, starting a chapter requires a lot of time and effort. You must be willing to commit a significant amount of time to getting your chapter started and running.

Q: Why don’t you have the minutes of the meetings on the web site?
A: Based on legal council we have been advised not to publish the minutes of the meeting on the web site.

Talk to Us

Please call   (918) 822-4426.  We are here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

Follow Us

Want to keep up with our latest happenings? Follow us on  Facebook Public Group page  and our  non-profit Facebook page  .